Today is 4/20, a special “holiday” that many Americans partake in including celebrities like Seth Rogen, Snoop Dogg, and Martha Stewart. 4/20 is a code-term in cannabis culture that refers to the consumption of cannabis, especially smoking cannabis around the time 4:20 p.m, which lead to the celebration of smoking cannabis on April 20th. With the growing number of states legalizing the recreational use of cannabis, we explore the benefits that cannabis (weed) can have on improving your sex life.
Benefits of Cannabis During Sex
- Pleasure enhancer: Cannabis is known to increase sensitivity and elevate mood and arousal, while enhancing pleasure from orgasms and reducing pain.
- Creates a bond between you and your partner: Cannabis decreases inhibitions and opens people up for a more honest connection. Be careful though, too much cannabis can cause some people to lose focus and internalize their thoughts.
- Distorts Time: When under the influence of cannabis, time seems longer and it creates an illusion of prolonged orgasm or arousal.
- Cannabis is an Aphrodisiac: In folk medicine traditions of many cultures throughout history, cannabis is a love drug substance that increases libido when consumed.
- More Sexual Partners: In a 2009 study by the Australian Research Centre in Sex, women who reported frequent cannabis consumption were also more likely to report more than two sexual partners in the previous year. For men, any cannabis consumption was associated with “a doubling of the likelihood of reporting two or more partners.”
Sativa, Indica, or CBD?
If you are new to the consumption of cannabis, there are a few things you should learn before you get started. Marijuana comes in the form dried leaves, flowers, stems and seeds. The active ingredients of the hemp plant are the cannabinoids which contains chemicals that are used as the psychoactive drug people refer to commonly as Marijuana.
The two most popular breeds of cannabinoids are cannabis sativa or cannabis indica. Sativa strains produce more of a euphoric high, lifting the consumer’s mood and therapeutically relieving stress. Indica strains relax muscle and work as general analgesics, also helping with sleep.
CBD is another type of cannabinoid. CBD lacks the psycho-activity of Sativa or Indica strains, which is why CBD is most commonly used for pain.
Popular Cannabis Pleasure Products
- Bond Sensual Oil by Spot Seattle: This personal lubrication enhances pleasure within 15 minutes with a special vagina high that has been reported to prolong the duration of your climax.
- Body Buzz Epsom Salts by Ethos Innovates: Take time to relax! Get in the bath and connect with your significant other by experiencing a sense of euphoria and body relaxation after a nice relaxing soak.
- Muse Stimulating Cannabis Body Oil by Ethos Innovates: In the mood for a massage? This multipurpose oil is perfect for a candle lit night of cannabis love. Use it as a lubricant or a body oil!
- Relax Topical Cream by Sticky Budz: Relax can be a great addition to a couple’s massage you set up at home with your partner. Take turns getting those knots out with a CBD/THC cream that penetrates the skin and allows you to loosen up more.
- Love Potion Aphrodisiac Spray by NW Wonderland: Hold this underneath your tongue for 10 seconds as it increases the digestion rate and allows the effects to start sooner, usually within 5-10 minutes. With the added herbs and natural ingredients, this spray will increase labito in both men and women. One unique way to incorporate this into a fun routine is by using a scarf or blindfold on your partner while you give them the massage of their life.
Now you are ready for a relaxing night of Netflix and Chill! Make Snoop Dogg proud and take advantage of 4/20 by spicing up your sex life. Become more intimate with your partner, try new experiences, and most importantly be safe!